Monday, September 5, 2011

wowweeeee. it's been a while since i've last updated eh? sorry y'all.

i am in TORONTO! yayyyyy. =)

i haven't had a lot of time to just sit down and reflect, process, and write down these last few months.

here goes.

so. this summer has been eventful, and yet, not. it's been a summer of opportunities.

i was honestly not looking forward to this summer. i had planned on going on another tour with CTI but due to the severe lack of funds, i had to defer. so, with this huge 1.5 month gap in my summer schedule, i was trying to get used to the fact that i would basically waste a significant portion of my time before the big move.

and yet.

God presented an incredible opportunity for me to do music ministry. far greater than i think my time with CTI this summer would have been.

since moving to orlando, i think one of the toughest things for me was to feel like i was a part of the church i was attending. don't get me wrong. i love my church family. it's just. when a group of people grow up together, they're gonna have a much easier time to relate to one another than with someone. let's say. who starts sharing life with them a good portion of time later (me). when i first started to attend church, i felt like i couldn't connect with many people. i was either too young (for the young adult crowd) or too old (for the high schoolers). i didn't know anyone. over the years, i have grown close to a lot of people. but. even with serving on the worship team and serving the youth, i felt like (probably because of my personality) i couldn't click with them. and being away for a year to serve with CTI was a year where i simply didn't have the ability to have face time with everyone.

and yet.

God had presented an opportunity for me to connect with the youth and a handful of university students through organizing and participating in raising up the next generation of worship leaders in our church.

i have to admit, i had my reservations and doubts. "what if the 'trainer/learner' relationship between the youth students makes it even harder to connect with youth?" "will my struggle with pursuing musical perfection to an obscene level cause the music trainers to get sick of me?" these were some things that ran through my mind.

but. as the training sessions went on, those fears were all for naught.

I've noticed more and more this theme of opportunities.

I think a lot of times, all I see are the obstacles or problems when I could be seeing all the opportunities that God has placed beyond those "obstacles".

Help me Lord.

Hope y'all are doing fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment